Thursday, March 8, 2012

Event ID: 6398 data is null

The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSqmTimerJobDefinition (ID 5ade791f-868a) threw an exception.


Issue : From past one week I am continuously getting the above error in the Event Viewer and logs. Hence one fine morning I decided that I will get rid of this beastiiiiiiie.Hence I went to Central Admin -- monitoring -- review job definitions -- job history (left) and change the view (right) to Failed jobs as shown in the below screenshot.



Here I saw that CEIP Data Collection was failing everyday. The "Customer Experience Improvement Program" can be safely disabled. It is supposed to be set at the farm level - that question about participating in the customer experience program. To know more about CEIP: http://www.wictorwilen.se/Post/About-the-Customer-Experience-Improvement-Program-in-SharePoint-2010.aspx.



After disabling this, I was not getting the above error in the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment